Table of Contents
- 0.1 ZZZhen weighted blankets
- 0.2 Smartqueen weighted blankets
- 0.3 Bare Home blankets
- 0.4 HomeSmart Products Weighted Blanket
- 1 ZZZhen Weighted Blanket
- 2 Smartqueen Weighted Blankets
- 3 Bare Home Weighted Blanket for Adults and Kids
- 4 HomeSmart Products Weighted Blanket
- 5 Conclusion
Disclosure: Namaste Blankets, as an Amazon Associate, earns commissions on qualified purchases. This informative article may contain affiliate links. This means we may receive a commission if you click and purchase items from our links.
Have you been looking for the right weighted blanket? Maybe you need some extra pressure to help you get to sleep? Or, it could be that you have a child with sensory needs and someone has recommended trying a weighted blanket to help regulate them.
There are many different reasons why people want to purchase one of these blankets so to help you. We’re going to compare the best weighted blankets under $50. We have selected the best blankets on the market for under $50. Read through our review and see which one you think will fit your needs.
Disclaimer: The tips and recommendations given here are intended to be used as guidelines. Do not replace our advice for a registered health professional or therapist’s advice. It’s best to consult with a healthcare professional if you have a special condition.
Disclosure: Namaste Blankets, as an Amazon Associate, earns commissions on qualified purchases. This informative review article may contain affiliate links. Commission and earnings support our work. This means we may receive a commission if you purchase items from links embedded in the articles.
|Name||ZZZhen Weighted Blanket||HomeSmart Weighted Blanket||SmartQueen Weighted Blankets||Bare Home Weighted Blanket|
|Sizes||48''72'', 60‘’80‘’, 80''87''||36"48", 41"60", 48"72", 60"80", 80"87", 88"104"||40"60", 60‘’80‘’, 80''87''||40"60", 48''72'', 60‘’80‘’, 80''87''|
|Price Range||Great $||Great $||Great $||Great $|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
ZZZhen weighted blankets
The 3.5×3.5 inched squares are an ideal size to distribute the pellets. Our staff has said the pellets stay in place and are never uneven. No one has experienced any leakage with the pellets. The ZZZhen is one of the best weighted blankets under $50
Personally, we believe the needlework is great. You’d be shocked, by the price, the blanket is pretty durable. Most weighted blankets under $100 aren’t made for long term use. But, ZZZhen’s weighted blanket is an exception. Just so you know, they’re machine washer-friendly. But, you must hand dry the blanket.
Smartqueen weighted blankets
This weighted blanket has a unique 7-layer structure to it. From what we understand, it’s to prevent the inner beads from leaking out. Personally, I’m not the best fan of the square design but it does the trick. I like the triangle design like the ZZZhen weighted blanket.
But, if you’re a fan of square designed weighted blankets, the Smartqueen is for you. It’s machine washable. But, you have to wash it in cold water at a gentle speed. You can’t dry clean it in a dryer. We recommend air drying or hanging them outdoors.
Bare Home blankets
These are double stitched weighted blankets. This is important for anti-pellet leakage. As an environmentalist, I’m happy to announce they’re environmentally friendly. Each pocket combines non-toxic ultra-fine glass beads. This is perfect for hot sleepers due to breathable temperature control.
They’re also OEKO-TEX and prop65 compliant. This means they’re free of harmful substances and material. You can sleep knowing you don’t have to worry about any risks to your health. If you’re pregnant, know it’s completely safe for you as well. They’re guaranteed to be safe for everyone, including residents in California.
Plus, they have a great 30-night return policy. If you’re unhappy with the blanket, you can return them in 30 days.
HomeSmart Products Weighted Blanket
Unlike the other providers, this weighted blanket is true-size. I’m not a fan of a weighted blanket that hangs over the mattress. Reason being, it makes slight movements harder but that’s just me. If you want a weighted blanket that’s true to size, this is for you.
These weight blankets are also 100% organic cotton. From my experience, organic cotton is extremely breathable. So, if you’re a hot sleeper, this is a good option to look into. Plus, they use glass-bead pellets as well.
Their customer service is also U.S. based. So, you won’t have to worry about getting in touch with a native English speaker.
This blanket has been carefully designed in a variety of colours, sizes and weights. As a rule, should aim for one that weighs around 10-12% of your body weight. In addition to the weight of the blanket, the size is also important. As it needs to cover from your shoulders to toes. Luckily the ZZZhen Weighted Blanket comes in a variety of sizes too. If you’re on a double or single bed, get a single size. If you’re on a queen or king, get your respective size.
- Available in sizes varying from a child (48”x72”) to large adult(80”x87”)
- Available in a variety of weights (15lbs, 20lbs, 25lbs).
- Different assorted colours.
- Machine washable.
- 3.5” square quilting effect means the weight is evenly distributed across the whole blanket.
- Ideal for using at daytime and night-time.
- You can’t dry clean it (so it takes a long time to dry out and isn’t easy to hang up).
- Some of the lighter weights aren’t available in a smaller size.
- You may want to use an additional blanket/quilt if you live in a cold area.
- Larger range of weights available in other blanket brands.
The Smartqueen Adult Weighted Blanket has made it into our list of weighted blankets under $50 because it has such a wide variety of options. Ranging at the smallest sized blanket being 36”x48” which fits a child comfortably to the largest being 88”x104” which is designed to cover 2 people. It also comes in a range of weights, these being from 5lbs up to 30lbs.
As some people prefer to have just a slight amount of pressure over their bodies when using a weighted blanket, the 5lbs and 7lbs are crucial. It is also great for small children who may be on the autistic spectrum or need and extra hand to deregulate at night. In addition to these variants, this blanket also has a quilted side and a smooth side. This is very useful for people who have sensory issues as the texture of the quilted side may aggravate it.
- A huge range of sizes.
- A huge variety of weights and pressures.
- Machine washable.
- A quilted side and a smooth side makes it more bearable for sensory issue sufferers.
- Ideal for insomniacs and anxiety suffers as well as those on the spectrum.
- 7 layered structure keeps all the weights and beads in place.
- Works well for anxiety sufferers needing some light pressure.
- Not dry clean or tumble dry safe.
- Heavy to hang up.
- Not as warm as other blankets on the market.
If you are looking for one of the best weighted blankets under $50 dollars that also has environmentally friendly credentials, then you will want to know more about the Bare Home Weighted Blanket. This blanket is made from 100% cotton, has an environmentally friendly filler and is even OEKO-TEX certified. Again, it comes in different sizes and weights, but this time you have the added bonus that you are sleeping under natural fibres with non-toxic fillings. Available in 10-25lbs weights and a single to king-sized bed variants. It is also available in Pink, Grey, Green and Blue making it a nicer addition to your home.
- Available in different colours (pink, grey, green and blue).
- Available in different sizes (single, queen and king size).
- 100% cotton cover.
- Non-toxic filling (glass beads).
- OKEO-TEX certified.
- Weight is evenly distributed.
- Machine washable and suitable for dry cleaning.
- Hypoallergenic filling.
- Great for insomnia or sleep issues.
- Only available in heavier weights so not suitable for children.
- Heavier weight and the added filling can make it too hot in warmer climates.
The HomeSmart weighted blanket has made our top 4 list because it has a huge range of designs and colours. From dinosaurs to coral Minky, these blankets will easily misconceive anyone into thinking that it is just a normal blanket. This range surpasses all of the others in looks and design. With the lightest weight being 5lbs, these designs are ideal for children. They are also available in heavier weights (up to 25lbs) so work well for the whole family.
There are also two sizes available including 40”x60” and 60”x80”. The 400 thread count 100% cotton is luxuriously soft and also helps to prevent from overheating. The quilted effect helps to distribute the weight evenly and the designs make it a decorative addition to the home as well as a functional item.
- Available in lighter weights for children.
- Available in heavier weights for adults.
- Come in great designs.
- Machine washable.
- 400 thread count cotton cover.
- Non-toxic filling
- Larger quilting effect means the weight isn’t as evenly distributed.
- Only available in two sizes.
- Some of the Minky fabrics can make the blankets slip off the bed when turning in your sleep.
Many people aren’t sure whether a weighted blanket will help with their health or mental condition, which is why finding the right one for under $50 is so important. It could be a sleep-related issue or it could be that you just need to feel the light pressure of something on you to help calm you down. Thankfully there is a blanket out there for everyone.
So, in summary, these are the best weighted blankets under $50 that we have found on the market. Offering a wide range of sizes, weights and designs, these blankets will help to improve your health and give you that extra squeeze just when you need it most.