Table of Contents
- 1 What is a weighted blanket?
- 2 What is the right weight & size?
- 3 Key things to look for in a high-quality weighted blanket
- 4 4. LUNA Weighted Blanket
- 5 3. ZonLi Weighted Blanket
- 6 YnM Weighted Blanket (15 lbs, 48”x72”, Twin Size)
- 7 Quility Premium Adult Weighted Blanket & Removable Cover
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 [sc_fs_multi_faq headline-0=”h2″ question-0=”What is the best weighted blanket on the market?” answer-0=”The Namaste Weight Blanket is the best weighted blanket on the market today. But, in this article, we discuss the best weighted blanket for under $100. If you’re looking for the best weighted blanket under 100 then it’s The Quility Premium Adult Weighted Blanket. This is due to reviews, staff experience, and warranty.” image-0=”49″ headline-1=”h2″ question-1=”Can a weighted blanket be too heavy?” answer-1=”Yes, weighted blankets can be too heavy. Experts agree a weighted blanket should be no more than 10-12% of your body weight. A weighted blanket that’s too heavy for you can cause problems. Consider your sensitivity to weight, current injuries and sleeping patterns.” image-1=”21″ headline-2=”h2″ question-2=”Do weighted blankets make you hot?” answer-2=”Yes, weighted blankets can make you hot. We believe not all weighted blankets are equal. You have to consider the materials of the weighted blankets. If your weighted blanket is made from non-breathable material, it will cause heat. These materials include polyester, Rayon, and denim. If you’re a hot sleeper, choose weighted blanket with cotton, linen, or bamboo.” image-2=”34″ headline-3=”h2″ question-3=”Can you share a weighted blanket?” answer-3=”If you’re looking to share a weighted blanket, get a queen or king-sized blanket. Make sure to get the weight requirements of the smaller person. The heavier person can still reap the benefits of a weighted blanket. But, for safety reasons, it’s best to get the requirements of the smaller person. Make sure to go back to the 10-12% weight rule.” image-3=”35″ count=”4″ html=”true” css_class=””]
Have you been looking at getting yourself a weighted blanket to help with your sleep issues? Maybe your anxieties are getting too bad and you just need some weighted pressure to help calm your nerves. Here, in this article, we have found 4 of the best weighted blankets under $100 that offer comfort, weighted pressure and most importantly, cost-savings for your bank account.
Weighted blankets have become very popular recently in helping many different health and mental issues that people can suffer from, and this means that there are more on the market to choose from. The answer could come in the form of a weighted blanket. This essential product is a must-have this for all people.
Disclaimer: The tips and recommendations given here are intended to be used as guidelines. Do not replace our advice for a registered health professional or therapist’s advice. It’s best to consult with a healthcare professional if you have a special condition.
Disclosure: Namaste Blankets, as an Amazon Associate, earns commissions on qualified purchases. This informative review article may contain affiliate links. Commission and earnings support our work. This means we may receive a commission if you purchase items from links embedded in the articles.
What is a weighted blanket?
The way a weighted blanket helps your body is through deep pressure therapy (DPT). This blanket mimics the feeling of being cuddled and embraced. DTP stimulates the release of serotonin in users – a hormone that regulates an uplift in mood. Ultimately, soothing the nervous system so you can seize the day.
Weighted blankets are heavier than your standard blanket. It’s a medical tool made to help you sleep better. They were official first designed for children with autism. After much research, they discovered they help treat other disorders such as:
- Chronic pain
- Sensory processing disorder
What is the right weight & size?
There are a few things to be mindful of when choosing the right blanket for your needs. The first is the weight. The weight of the blanket should be around 10-12% of your body weight. This is particularly important for weighted blankets for children as a blanket that is too heavy for them will cause them iration, discomfort and possibly – harm.
Another thing to consider is the size of the blanket. You should aim to buy a blanket that will cover your body from your shoulders to your toes. You can buy weighted blankets in doubles, queen or king bed size making it useful for a couple. But, enough of that, in this review article, we’ll discuss the best weighted blankets under $100.
Key things to look for in a high-quality weighted blanket
When choosing a weighted blanket, you must consider a few things. Below we’re going to share things to keep in mind before buying.
Weighted blankets aren’t normal blankets. They come in different sizes – some irregular and some regular. You have to understand that not all weighted blankets will envelop your bed. Most manufacturers make weighted blankets that cover the top of the bed. This stops the blanket from pulling you off the edge of your bed. A weighted blanket that hangs from the sides of your bed isn’t recommended.
If you’re looking for a weighted that’s for your child, get a small blanket. Get a blanket that’s small enough around their shoulders or laps for daily use. But, look into a weighted blanket that’s near the size of their bed. And, please use the above recommendations as well.
Most companies provide a variety of options. In our opinion, it’s best to stick to an option that’s soft but feels nice. The softest weighted blankets tend to be either fleece or flannel. At this point, it’s a personal preference between the two.
From our research, children with sensory issues (or SPD) tend to gravitate towards satin, fleece, or chenille.
Most beads used in weighted blankets include rice, plastic pellets, sand, beans and glass beads. The two you should consider are either plastic pellets or glass bead pellets. If you want to learn more about why click here.
Plastic pellets are easier to clean but make a lot of noise. Plus, they have a tendency to clump and have distribution problems. It’s perfect for day time use but for night-time use, it’s not recommended.
Glass bead pellets are more evenly distributed through the blanket. Plus, they’re more silent than plastic pellets. The downside is, they’re a bit complex to wash.
The LUNA Weighted Blanket is a mid-range blanket that comes in a variety of different colours, weights and sizes. Starting at a lightweight 5lbs (which is suitable for children) to a hefty 25lbs (which can be used for a larger sized adult), there is a weight to suit most people.
This blanket has been designed in the USA and has eco credentials such as organic cooling cotton and non-toxic glass bead fillings. The double stitching means the weight is evenly distributed and Luna are so proud of their products that they come with a 100-day money-back guarantee if you aren’t completely satisfied.
- The glass beads distribute evenly throughout the blanket.
- Comes in different weights (5lbs,7lbs, 10lbs, 12lbs, 15lbs, 17lbs, 20lbs, 22lbs, 25lbs)
- Available in different sizes (36”x48”, 41”x60”, 60”x80” and 80”x87”)
- Available in 9 colours.
- The material is organic cotton – ideal for cooling.
- Hypoallergenic weighted filling.
- The beads are not made of plastic and silent when you sleep.
- 100-day money-back guarantee.
- The blanket is pretty sturdy, holding up well during rough conditions.
- It comes packaged nicely.
- Large quilting can make the weight disperse less evenly.
- Reports have suggested the outside material gets dirty easily (we suggest a duvet cover)
- Some buyers have reported overheating over the blanket. Be cautious.
The ZonLi weighted blanket is one of the few blankets that goes up to 30lbs in weight (which is suitable for an adult of around 375lbs) making it instantly stand out in our list of best weighted blankets. It also starts at a mere 5lbs so also caters for smaller children as well.
A range of sizes from small single bed size all the way up to a king bed size means that it will cover every eventuality. There are also 18 colours and designs to choose from so no matter what your bedrooms colour scheme, there will be a blanket to suit your style.
ZonLi also offer covers for the blankets including bamboo covers which will keep you cool on even the warmest nights.
- 18 different colours and designs.
- Child options are available for children.
- Weight range starts at 5lbs.
- Weight range goes up to 30lbs.
- Non-toxic filling.
- 100% cotton covering.
- Fabric is very soft and comfy.
- There have been a couple of buyers that say they had leaking problems with the blanket.
- Too many choices can mean you choose the wrong option for you.
- They recommend using a cover which is an additional cost.
Many people are now choosing bamboo products over cotton due to the fact that it is more environmentally friendly. Bamboo regulates temperature better than cotton and also helps to soak up those pesky night sweats.
A bamboo weighted blanket gives the best of both worlds, creating a quality breathable blanket for bedtime as well as the weighted element to help with your ailments. This blanket is also kinder to your skin and is less likely to irritate it, especially when comparing it to the synthetic polyester equivalent.
The YnM Bamboo blanket also has a smaller quilting pattern to help distribute the weighted elements more evenly. As well as it is a good quality blanket, it is also available in many different sizes and weights too.
- Natural bamboo outer.
- Perfect for night sweats due to the cooling technology.
- Available from 7lbs-30lbs.
- Available in single bed size to king bed size.
- Range of colours and prints (including a jungle print for children).
- More expensive than others on the market.
- Not dry clean or tumble dryer friendly making it difficult to clean fully (spot cleaning is advised).
The Quility Premium Weighted Blanket is the most expensive on our list of the best weighted blankets under $100, but there is a good reason for it. Not only does this weighted blanket come with a seven-layer structure but it also comes complete with an outer cover too.
The structure of this blanket is likened to a traditional quilt, with everything stitched carefully into place. The micro-glass beads are held tightly in the 100% cotton outer layer making it strong and durable. This blanket has much more substance to it than other blankets, hence its name.
Along with this it also comes in a variety of sizes and weights. The 6 different colours come in Minky and cotton so depending on whether you are using the blanket for your sensory issues or not, you will be able to choose a cover that co-ordinates with your needs.
- Available in a variety of weights (5lbs, 7lbs, 10lbs, 12lbs, 15lbs, 20lbs, 25lbs, 30lbs)
- Available in different sizes (single, twin, queen and king-sized bed)
- Comes with a removable cover to make it easier for cleaning.
- More structured for a premium feel.
- Quality workmanship and all seven layers are sewn together.
- The cost.
- Not machine washable.
As you can see, the best weighted blankets under $100 vary greatly. Hopefully, we have given you enough information within this article that shows you which blanket will work for you. Remember, the goal is to save you from wasting your money on a blanket that doesn’t help you.
The Quility Premium Adult Weighted Blanket was our #1 choice. But even though that was our choice, doesn’t mean the other options are bad. We suggest you check out the reviews for the other blankets as well. Once you’ve done a thorough read, make an informed decision. Each of these blankets has a return policy as well. So, try them out.
If you have decided to try out a weighted blanket and you have a budget of $100, one of these 4 would be an excellent investment for you.